Filipino Adobo Adobong Manok (Chicken Adobo, Filipino Style) is an outstanding way to prepare delicious, juicy and tender, nicely spiced chicken.
Filipino Adobo Adobong Manok Recipe-
- 3 lbs. chicken pieces, bone-in
- 1 cup ginger flavored soy sauce (important ingredient)
- 1-1/3 cups vinegar
- 3 – 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black peppercorns
- freshly ground course sea salt
- In a large, deep saucepan, add in the soy sauce, vinegar, and ground peppercorns, and bring to a boil.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces, and add them into the boiling mixture; reduce the heat and cook at a lively simmer for about an hour with a lid covering the pan, until the chicken is cooked well and tenderized.
- Check after a half hour to see how the sauce is. You want it to reduce by about half and become thicker, more like a stew than a soup. If it is not reducing much, by half way through the hour, remove the lid for the remaining 30 minutes. After 55 minutes, add in the bay leaves.
- Before serving, do a taste test, add salt if needed, and remove the bay leaves.
- Serve your Filipino Adobo Adobong Manok piping hot with rice.
Note: For more delicious, traditional and authentic Filipino recipes, click here.