Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Bites can be an appetizer, a mid-day snack, or a cheesy-bread to go along with a full meal. Key to these wonderful morsels is the cheeses you use, they must be excellent quality, and the inclusion of sriracha sauce – no other hot sauce will quite do.
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe-
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Extra Sharp New York Cheddar Cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup Sriracha (hot chili) sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rapid rise dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- To make the buffalo chicken mixture, in a small bowl, combine the chicken, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, melted butter and sriracha sauce, then set aside.
- Heat the milk in a the bowl of an electric mixer, then add the 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and stir until the sugar is all dissolved into the milk. Place in the bowl in the mixer, and fit the mixer with its dough hook.
- Add 2-1/2 cups flour and yeast into the bowl, and mix on low speed until a soft dough forms. If necessary, add up to 1/2 additional flour, to achieve good doughy consistency.
- Let the dough set up in the mixer bowl for 5-7 minutes, then take the dough out, place on a flat, lightly floured surface, gently knead it a few times, and then form it into a smooth ball.
- Place the dough ball into a lightly oiled clean bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature (in a draft-free place) until the ball has doubled in size and bubbles are appearing on the surface – this should take about 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, and place the rack in the oven’s middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured flat surface and cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Dust your hands with a little flour, then gently roll and stretch 1 piece of dough to form a 12-inch-long rope.
- Flatten the dough ropes and arrange (one rope at a time) so a long side is nearest you, then lightly flour a rolling pin and roll them out to make an approximately 12″ X 4″ rectangle.
- Press one fourth of buffalo chicken mixture gingerly into lower third of each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border along bottom edge. Stretch the bottom edge of the dough rectangle up and over the filling, and press together firmly to seal, then roll up as tightly as you can, to again form a rope.
- Now cut each rope into 12 pieces and place them onto a baking sheet pan. Allow to rest at room temperature, uncovered, for half an hour, you will see the dough rising a bit.
- Bake your Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Bites in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until the tops are turning a nice light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Some of the bites may have cheese oozing out, if so trim them for appearance. Brush the tops of all the pieces with melted butter.
- Serve your Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Bites while fresh out of the oven and still nice and warm.