Plum Tart with Tarragon Streusel Recipe-
Tarragon Streusel Topping-
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon flakes
- 2 ounces butter, cubed and chilled
- 1-½ pounds canned purple plums, drained, and sliced into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Make pie dough-
- Place flour, sugar, cornmeal, and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add in the chilled butter and pulse a few more times, until the mixture has chunks of butter about the size of a pea.
- Sprinkle in 2 – 3 tablespoons ice water and pulse until the dough holds together when squeezed.
- If needed, add in another tablespoon of water.
- Form the dough into a disk shape, cover the disk with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerate for half an hour.
Make streusel topping-
- Put the flour, sugar, and tarragon in the food processor, and pulse to combine.
- Add in the butter and pulse until crumbly. Put the combined mixture into a small bowl and set aside int the refrigerator for now.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the plums and sugar, then set aside.
- Take the pie dough out of the refrigerator and roll it out on a flat, floured surface, rolling it out to fit in an 11″ x 7″ rectangular tart pan (or a 9-inch round tart pan).
- Gently place the dough into the tart pan and coax it into the corners, using your fingers. Use a rolling pin over the top edges of the pan to remove any excess dough. Drain the plum/sugar mixture in a sieve and return the mixture to the bowl – discard the drained liquids. Add in salt and flour, and gently toss until the plums are coated evenly.
- Shingle plum slices into prepared pan. Scatter streusel topping over the top. Place the tart on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 30 minutes before serving your Plum Tart with Tarragon Streusel.