If you would like to have an American style “gourmet” breakfast, try out these Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes. Each mouthful is an explosion of tastebuds delight.
Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes Recipe-
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup dry sour cream powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or fresh if you can buy them locally in season)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, yolks separated from whites
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 3 cups cool water or enough to reach the desired consistency
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the egg yolks, fat, extract, and water to the mix and stir until just combined. The batter will probably be too dry, so add more water to reach the desired consistency.
- Whisk the egg whites until foamy, then gently fold them into the mixture – do not stir vigorously.
- Add the raspberries at the last and don’t stir more than necessary to avoid turning your pancakes pink.
- Cook the pancakes on a medium heat griddle, turning once.
- Serve your Raspberry Sour Cream Pancakes hot, buttered, with either raspberry syrup, or, for a truly uniquely American authentic ethnic breakfast experience, 100% pure Maple syrup. Also brew up a fresh pot of dark roast coffee, and perhaps have some fresh squeezed orange juice for drinks.