Mango Glazed Salmon, Cuban style is one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon. The mango-ginger habanero sauce is what really makes Mango Glazed Salmon an ethnic culinary treat you will remember long and revisit often.
Mango Glazed Salmon Recipe-
- 4 steaks of wild-caught salmon (about 8 oz. each)
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 oz. mango-ginger-habanero sauce
- 1 tbsp. duck sauce
- 1 tbsp. mango pulp
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tbsp. jalapeno chili powder
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 1/2 onion, peeled, sliced, and separated into rings, for garnish
- Make your marinade and glazing sauce by combining all the ingredients (except the salmon, onion, and the cilantro) in a large mixing bowl. Stir and blend together well.
- Rinse and wash your salmon steaks well, pat them dry of water, then place them in the bowl with the marinade. Stir and toss the steaks to coat them evenly.
- Cover the bowl and allow to marinate for a full 24 hours, either in a very cool place, or in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat your grille to medium-high.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade, place in a separate bowl and cover. Set aside.
- In a suitably sized skillet, pour in the marinade. Bring the heat up to a boil, then reduce heat to a lively simmer. Cook, stirring often, until the marinade has reduced to a thick sauce-like consistency.
- Now lightly oil your steaks (to prevent sticking) and place them on the grille, skin sides down.
- Grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side, brushing on the mango glaze liberally as they cook. Grille until the skin side is slightly charred and the flesh cooked to your desired doneness. About 3 minutes into the grilling, lay the onion rings on the grille also, and grille until softened and browned.
- Allow the steaks to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- To serve your Mango Glazed Salmon, brush each steak with a little more of the mango glaze, garnish with a sprinkling of chopped cilantro, and enjoy!
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)