Asparagus with Citrus Sauce is a splendid blend of sparkling and fruity citrus flavors with either white or green asparagus. It is truly one of the most savory, and best Spanish tapas recipes to be found and enjoyed. The Spanish full name is “Espárragos con Salsa de Naranja y Limón” (Asparagus with Orange and Lemon Sauce)
Asparagus with Citrus Sauce Recipe-
- 12 extra-thick white Spanish asparagus spears (you could use 16 regular green asparagus spears, too. But for the real Spanish Tapas authentic treat, go with these attractive looking and succulent white ones)
- 2 yolks of hard-boiled eggs
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- scallion infused olive oil
- 2 fresh ripe pears, peeled, cored, and thick sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Trim off the tough bottom parts of your fresh asparagus, and steam the remaining spears until tender.
- Chop the hard-boiled egg yolks and mix with the raw egg yolk.
- Add the orange and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually add in olive oil, beating continuously, until you have reached a thickened, mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Do a taste test, adjust the amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the egg white until stiff and add blend it into the sauce.
- Drain your asparagus and pat dry with cloth or paper towel.
- Arrange asparagus spears on an attractive serving dish, pour the sauce over them.
- Serve your Asparagus with Citrus Sauce with garnishes of sliced pears on the side, and finely chopped cilantro sprinkled over the top.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)