Bison (Buffalo) meat is just as, if not more, tasty than beef. And, it is much more lean and healthy for you. When you prepare this Herb Rubbed Buffalo Steak recipe, and are a beef eater who is not familiar with bison, you may be surprised at how comparatively short the cooking time is. This is because buffalo meat is so lean. And the flavor is incredibly delicious.
Herb Rubbed Buffalo Steak Recipe-
- 7-8 lb. Buffalo Sirloin Strip Roast (you can also use buffalo chuck roast, but the sirloin is my favorite for this recipe)
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 3 tsp. freshly ground coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. dried crushed oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried crushed thyme
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine and blend the paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic and onion powders, oregano, thyme, and cayenne pepper; stir in the olive oil, mix thoroughly, then set aside for now.
- Cut away most of the layer of fat, but leave a little, because buffalo meat is so lean, you want some fat to make the cooked meat nice and juicy.
- Spread the seasoned oil mixture all over the surfaces of the slab of meat. Rub the seasoning into the meat well.
- Now place the seasoned and rubbed meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 300 degrees and roast for just another 25 to 30 minutes for rare, 35 to 40 minutes for medium well, and 45 to 50 minutes for well done.
- Remove the roast from the oven, wrap the slab tightly with foil, and allow to cool and “set up” for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Carve the roast into nice thick slices, and serve your Herb Rubbed Buffalo Steak dinner. Goes great with baked potatoes and any favorite vegetable side dish.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)