Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage, slow cooked, is as traditional and authentic an Irish meal as it gets. Enjoy!
Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe-
- 3 lb. Irish corned beef brisket
- 2 medium sized white onions, peeled and quartered
- 8 small potatoes, peeled and left whole, or 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 head cabbage, tough and/or blemished outside leaves removed, tough stem core cut out, and tender head chopped into small (about 1-1/2” to 2”) wedges
- 1 tsp. each of freshly ground black peppercorns and course sea salt
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cups water
You will need: A slow-cooker (crockpot) – if you don’t have one, and wish to obtain one of good quality, you can do that by going Here.
- Place all the ingredients in your crock pot, adding the cabbage in last, spread evenly on top.
- Leave the corned beef brisket whole if you can fit it into your crockpot as is, but if not, trim it as needed for good fit.
- Secure the lid (preferably a glass lid) and cook on low setting for 10 to12 hours, or on high for 6 to 7 hours.
- To serve your Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage, place the brisket in the center of a large serving platter, and slice enough portions for each person to have a first serving. Place the potatoes and cabbage in an attractive arrangement around the brisket.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)