Many people are familiar with green chimichurri, but this red version is, in my humble but very informed and experienced opinion, hands down the best chimichurri sauce recipe on the planet!
The inclusion of red bell pepper, red peppercorns, and dark red paprika give it the unique color, and the paprika also lends the sauce its special mild smokiness that goes great with grilled foods.
Red Chimichurri Sauce Recipe-
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. freshly ground red peppercorns
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, and rough chopped
- 2 green onions, trimmed and rough chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- In an electric blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, garlic, green onions, bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, lemon juice, pepper, salt, chili flakes, paprika, and oregano.
- Drizzle in the oil while blending on low setting, until the mixture takes on a pasty, sauce-like texture.
- Spread this delicious chimichurri over anything grilled—meats, fish, or vegetables, to enhance the flavor of the entrees.