Bush Tucker style Char Grilled Kangaroo and Vegetables. Let me tell you, this char-grilled sumptuous dish is as authentically Australian/Aboriginal as it gets.
Bush Tucker Char Grilled Kangaroo and Vegetables Recipe-
- 18 oz. (500 g) kangaroo boneless leg loin
- native bush river mint (if you can’t find this, you can use spearmint with pretty much the same results)
- freshly ground Australian bush pepper and salt mixture, to taste (must have ingredient)
- 2-4 white potatoes, skins on, and quartered
- 1 dozen pearl onions, peeled and left whole
- 1 zucchini, chopped into large chunks
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- ¼ oz. (5 g) freshly ground wattle seeds (another must have ingredient, for authentic Australian/Aboriginal flavor)
- 1 apple, sliced, for serving
- 1 tomato, cored and quartered, for serving
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Slice your kangaroo meat into thick sliced fillets.
- Rub each fillet all over with the native bush river mint (or spearmint), and then season them on both sides with bush pepper and salt.
- Grille the fillets to your desired level of doneness.
- Grille the potatoes, zucchini and pearl onions until nicely tenderized – even a little charred is good.
- When the meat and veggies are done grilling, place everything in a large, wide bottomed bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together the mustard, ground wattle seeds and honey, then drizzle the mixture over the char-grilled kangaroo fillets and vegetables.
- So serve, arrange the veggies and fillets in an attractive fashion on serving plates, add some slices of apple and tomato, garnish with a sprinkling of fresh chopped cilantro, and then Chow down on your Bush Tucker Char Grilled Kangaroo and Vegetables!
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)