This marvelous Orange Pudding Costa Rican Style recipe is a national favorite dessert. Simple ingredients, quite easy to make, once you’ve tried it I am sure it will become one of your favorites, too.
Served on special occasions, or if you just want to treat yourself, family and friends, this Costa Rican Orange Pudding recipe is sure to delight!
Orange Pudding Costa Rican Style Recipe-
- 8 large oranges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ⅔ cups of cornstarch
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated orange rind
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Handy Kitchen Appliance to Have: a good quality juice extractor
You will also need: a set of ramekins
- Extract all of the juice out of the oranges
- In a medium saucepan, mix together well the juice with the cornstarch, cinnamon sticks, grated orange rind and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, stirring continuously with a plastic or wooden spoon.
- As soon as a vigorous boil is achieved, remove the pan from the heat, and add the butter; stir together thoroughly, until fully incorporated.
- Now pour the mixture into your ramekins and place them in the refrigerator to chill. Keep them refrigerated until cold through and through, and set up firm.
- When finished preparing your Costa Rican Orange Pudding, and are ready to serve, tip the ramekins upside down over the serving plates. Tap the bottom of the ramekin until the pudding plops out onto the plate. Garnish with a few mint leaves, and enjoy!
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)