Guatemalan Mixtas are a national favorite in the country. There are many versions of this dish, which is basically grilled meats served with tortillas, salsa and either fresh slices of avocado or guacamole. This particular recipe calls for Spanish sausages (chorizo) as the meat. It is my personal favorite version of Guatemalan Mixtas.
Guatemalan Mixtas Recipe-
- 1 lb. Spanish sausages (chorizo) either mild, medium or hot, or a combination
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- Spanish salsa verde, for garnish
- slices of fresh avocado, for garnish
- Heat your grille to medium high.
- Grille the sausages until well done, tender, cooked through, even slightly charred on the outside.
- While the sausages are grilling, cook the cabbage in salted water until tender.
- Place the tortillas in the oven on its lowest setting, to warm them up.
- When the sausages are done, chop them up into bite-sized pieces.
- To serve your Guatemalan Mixtas, mix the cooked cabbage together with the sausage pieces and place them on a large serving platter. Top the pile with slices of avocado. Serve with warmed tortillas and Spanish salsa verde.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)