Roast Asparagus with Chili Lime Butter is an exquisite side dish, favored by many Americans to accompany red meat main entrees especially, but it also goes well with poultry and pork. American vegetarians also love this dish.
Roast Asparagus with Chili Lime Butter Recipe-
- 2 lb. medium-thick fresh asparagus, tough bottoms trimmed off
- 2 tbsp. scallion infused olive oil
- 2 Key Limes (important ingredient, no other limes have this distinctive and uniquely American tang and flavor), finely grated to yield 2 tsp. zest; squeezed to yield 2 tbs. juice
- freshly ground coarse sea salt and black peppercorns
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tsp. finely chopped canned chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, plus 2 tsp. of the adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, set a large rimmed baking sheet on each rack, and preheat your oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with the oil, lime zest, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. ground pepper. Divide the asparagus between the two hot baking sheets and roast, switching the positions of the pans halfway through, until tender and slightly browned in spots, 9 to 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-quart saucepan, stir the butter, chipotle, adobo sauce, and 3/4 tsp. salt over medium heat until the butter is melted. Remove from the heat and whisk in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Transfer the asparagus to a platter, drizzle with the chipotle butter sauce, and serve your Roast Asparagus with Chili Lime Butter right away while still nice and hot.