Sock it to Me Southern Soul Cake is as Deep South Southern Soul as it gets. It will melt in your mouth and explode with flavor.
Sock it to Me Southern Soul Cake Recipe-
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. brown raw turbinado sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (plus a little more)
- 2 oz. unsweetened baker’s chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir and combine together the 2 tablespoons of turbinado sugar, two teaspoons of cinnamon, and the pecans. Set aside for now.
- In a larger mixing bowl, stir and blend together the cake mix, sour cream, oil, water, eggs, melted chocolate, and white sugar. Beat and whip together in an electric blender on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan, and then pour 2/3 of batter into it. Spread the previously blended cinnamon-sugar-pecans mixture all through the center of the cake mixture; then spread the remaining batter evenly over the top.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. The cake is done when you can insert a toothpick deep into the center of the cake and it pulls out clean.
- When the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and set it out to cool down for about 25 minutes, or until you can handle the pan; then tip the pan upside down over a serving plate, tap the bottom and sides with a wooden spoon or the handle of a knife, and let the cake plop down onto the plate.
- Now blend together the 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar and the milk, and pour this glaze evenly over the top of the cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
- Lastly, lightly dust the top with a little more confectioners’ sugar, mostly for appearances.
- You are done! Enjoy serving and eating your Sock it to Me Southern Soul Cake!
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)