This Blueberry Croissant Puff is a delightful and perfect way to finish off a meal of authentic French cuisine.
Blueberry Croissant Puff Recipe-
Ingredients: (10 servings)
- 3 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or fresh frozen blueberries
- 1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia Kraft cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated white cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a 9 inch square pan, place the croissant pieces. Sprinkle blueberries over them.
- In a medium bowl, by hand or with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add milk, gradually, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes—until set in the center and a golden brown color. If tops are getting too browned, you will want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- Serve nice and warm right out of the oven, after sprinkling some powdered sugar over them.
- Note: As a variation, you can bake the croissants individually instead of in a square pan. Place each croissant evenly in 10 (1/2-cup) ramekins; sprinkle blueberries over them and pour the cream cheese mixture over each croissant evenly. Allow to sit for 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for less time than when baked together in a pan, about 20 – 25 minutes should do it, or, again, until firm in the center and a golden brown color.
Serve your Blueberry Croissant Puff with good, strong, freshly brewed black coffee, hot (whipped until foamy) milk, for those who want café au lait, and/or hot chocolate milk, and/or hot black tea. Fresh fruit juice, apple or orange, is also good with the light, fluffy Blueberry Croissant Puff after-dinner delight.