Lobster and Shrimp with Lime Butter, featuring the Floridian Key Limes and Spiny Lobster tails. Super delicious!
Lobster and Shrimp with Lime Butter Recipe-
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. salted butter, softened, separated
- 1 tbsp. Ghost Pepper hot sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp. Key West lime juice (has to be Key West limes, for authentic West Coast American flavor)
- 2 pounds medium size fresh or fresh-frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 small Florida spiny lobster tails, meat removed from shells and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound fresh white button mushrooms, sliced (can also use rehydrated dried mushrooms)
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine (a good Californian Chardonnay is recommended)
- Mix 1/2 cup of butter with hot pepper sauce and Key lime juice in a small bowl; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; stir in shrimp and lobster tails. Cook and stir until shrimp just turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the mushrooms, garlic, and white wine; continue to cook and stir until the mushrooms have released their liquid and are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Key lime juice mixture until melted.
- Serve your Lobster and Shrimp with Lime Butter with freshly cooked rice.