Philly Cheesesteak with Garlic Mayo sandwich is a great and hearty, very filling, meal in itself. Americans love this sandwich to munch on while watching their favorite sports competitions.
Philly Cheesesteak with Garlic Mayo Recipe-
(makes 4 sandwiches)
For the Garlicky Mayo Spread-
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or …
- Buy (if you don’t have already) some Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
For the Sandwich-
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound beef round steak, sliced into very thin strips
- 2 green bell peppers, de-seeded, cored, and cut into ¼ inch strips
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and sliced into rings
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- 8oz. freshly grated, good quality mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Sliced jarred jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- If making the garlicky mayo spread, combine the olive oil mayonnaise and minced garlic in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate ahead of time.
- Heat the olive oil on medium high heat in a large saucepan or skillet. Sauté the sliced beef until lightly browned. Stir in the onion and green pepper, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauté until vegetables are softened, and remove from heat.
- Generously spread the insides of both halves of each bun with the garlicky mayonnaise. Divide beef and veggie mixture into the buns. Layer on a healthy portion of the grated cheese, and then sprinkle with oregano.
- Put all four sandwiches on a non-stick (or lightly oiled regular) baking pan and put in the oven.
- Heat the sandwiches until the cheese is well melted and even slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Have sliced jalapeno peppers available for people who want a spicier hot sandwich – goes great with this Philly Cheesesteak with Garlic Mayo sandwich!