Mango Papaya Sherbet is an immensely popular dessert in Naura. Tropical fruits are abundant there, so finding a sherbet that features mango and papaya is no surprise. Taken as an after dinner dessert, or just a mid-afternoon treat on a hot day, a nice dish of mango papaya sherbet is delicious and refreshing.
Mango Papaya Sherbet Recipe-
- 1 cup granulated white cane sugar
- 3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup ripe papaya pulp
- 3/4 cup mango pulp
- 1-1/2 cups whole cow’s milk
Handy Tool to Have: Electric Ice Cream Maker
- Press the mango and papaya pulp through a colander or a coarse sieve, into a large mixing bowl.
- Add and stir into the pup the lemon and orange juice. Stir vigorously to incorporate the ingredients thoroughly.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, dissolve the sugar in the milk; add the sweetened milk into the pulp mixture little by little, stirring constantly.
- Pour the finished mixture into a suitably sized pan or dish and place it in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, stir the mixture well. Keep doing this until you have a finished ice cream consistency.
- Optionally, instead of freezing and stirring the mixture, just pour it into your electric ice cream maker, and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- You are done! Enjoy some of the best tasting sherbet on the planet, Nauruan Mango Papaya Sherbet!
Note: For more delicious, authentic and traditional recipes from Naura, click here.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)