On this page you will find fine cutlery, with information, videos, and resources to help you upgrade your kitchen with fine cutlery that is perfect for your cooking preferences. We have shown below several of what we consider the best deals in terms of pricing and quality. However, if you would like to choose from full selections, click …
Our Choice as the Top of the Line Fine Cutlery!
If you have the budget for it, this set of handcrafted and forged knife set will make your cooking prep-work a sheer joy. Just look at these features:
- Made in japan
- 65 layer flower Damascus pattern
- Traditional 3-step honbazuke hand-honed edge
- 60 Rockwell Hardness
- Cryodur ice-hardened blade
And if the $599 price tag is a bit out of your range in one lump sum, hey – pick one or two to get individually to start, and build up a full set over time. These knives, properly cared for, will be an heirloom in the family for many decades.
Check out this beauty – the Birchwood Utility Knife-
You’ll really love this, the Miyabi Shears-
Whether you build up your set or get the whole set at once, with this exquisitely crafted fine cutlery, you’ll want to keep those edges sharp. And trust me, these blades will hone to a sharpness that will split a hair. Get a set of King Whetstones and keep them handy in the pantry, and used regularly.
We suggest these kind of stones over the stones that are lubricated with oil, for two reasons. One, water has a much more appropriate presence in the kitchen area than petroleum products, and two, they flat out perform better – they produce sharper edges and are easier to keep flattened for accurate edge angles to be achieved on your knives.
You’ll want to start the sharpening with this stone, a combination 250/1000 grit.
And lastly, polish those edges to wicked sharp, with this 8000 grit stone-
If you are not familiar, or skilled yet, with sharpening these fine Japanese knives, here is a short tutorial you can watch, with Japanese Master Chef Mino Tsuchida
Our Best Mid-Range Cutlery, a Fine Knife Set Priced at Well Under $200.
Chicago Cutlery 1090390 Fusion 18-Piece Knife Block Set, Stainless Steel with Honey Maple Wood Block
- Professional high carbon stainless steel forged blades with black comfort grip poly handles
- Exclusive taper grind edge technology provides optimum sharpness for precise cutting and is easy to resharpen
- High carbon stainless steel creates a stronger harder blade resisting stains rust and pitting
- Black nonslip cushion grip handles allow for a sturdy grip on all knives
- Stainless steel plates at the end of the handle convey sleek and contemporary styling
And Our Best “Very Good” Cutlery for the Budget-Minded Chefs, a Great Deal at Just Under $60!
- Forged knives feature exclusive Taper Edge Grind sharpening for a great cutting experience
- The full metal tang provides added, strength, balance and control
- Professional stainless steel blades with stainless steel and polymer handles
- Makes cutting effortless
- Trend-forward designs
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)