Filipino Aubergine Adobo Recipe-
- 5 cups diced eggplants, cut into ¾” x ¾” x 2” rectangular pieces
- ½ tsp. freshly ground course sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup ginger flavored soy sauce (important ingredient)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns
- 2 or 3 green onions, finely chopped, for garnish
- Spread eggplant pieces out on cloth or paper towels and sprinkle generously with salt, flip the pieces over and salt the other side as well. Let the salt stay on for 30 minutes, then rinse the pieces off in a coriander with cold water, and then pat the pieces dry.
- In a large skillet, fry the eggplant pieces in oil, stirring occasionally for even cooking, until nicely browned on all sides, and then set aside.
- In a smaller saucepan, simmer the vinegar, soy sauce, pepper and garlic for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now add in the eggplant pieces, put a lid on the pan, and cook over low heat for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Serve Filipino Aubergine Adobo piping hot, with a sprinkling of finely chopped green onions on top, as a garnish.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)