Cake with Honey and Yogurt (but without butter or sugar) is a typical and traditional meal to start the day in Italian cuisine.
Cake with Honey and Yogurt Recipe-
(makes a cake 9” (22-24 cm) in diameter)
- 12 oz. (350 g) all-purpose flour
- 5 oz. (150 g) peanut oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons pure wildflower honey
- 7 oz. (200 g) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 packet of baking powder
- confectioner’s powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 ° Celsius)
- Put the oil and honey in a blender and process until a creamy consistency.
- When the mixture is foamy, add the eggs (one egg at a time), mix, then add the flour, yogurt and yeast.
- Stir until the mixture will become smooth and homogeneous.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper into the pan and pour the mixture. (If you are using a non-stick pan, no need for the parchment paper)
- Bake the cake in an oven for 30 minutes.
- For the ultimate cake with honey and yogurt breakfast pleasure, serve each slice with a dusting of powdered sugar. And also have some fresh Italian espresso brewed.