This oven Baked Barramundi with Spicy Dressing dish is without a doubt a classic representation of authentic and traditional Australian/Aboriginal cuisine. Succulent and so flavorful, it will melt in your mouth with an explosion of textures and flavors on the palate.
Baked Barramundi with Spicy Dressing Recipe-
- 4 cuts of Australian Barramundi fillet, about 12 oz. (350g) per piece
- fresh lemon and lime slices, for garnish
- fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
- mild red salsa, heated, for serving accompaniment
For the Spicy Seasoning-
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 10 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Australian bush pepper and salt, or to taste (must have, essential ingredient, for authentic Australian flavor)
- Put all the spicy seasoning ingredients into an electric blender or food processor, and blend into a dressing.
- Score the fillet cuts with a knife a few times on each side, coat both sides with half of the seasoning dressing, then set aside to marinate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 425F (220). Put your seasoned fillet cuts on a lightly oiled roasting pan, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the flesh is firm, the dressing has taken on a blackened appearance, and a toothpick plunged into the center of the flesh comes out clean.
- Serve your Baked Barramundi with Spicy Dressing with the remaining dressing basted over it, and garnished with a liberal sprinkling of fresh cilantro and lemon and lime slices. Drizzle some warmed red salsa over the fish, and add a little on the side, to dredge the chunks of meat through as desired when eating. Side dishes that go well are couscous or rice, and just about any steamed or grilled vegetable.