Traditional Korean Style Seaweed Soup Recipe-
- 1 (1 oz.) package dried brown seaweed
- ¼ lb. beef top sirloin steak cut, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. premium quality, dark mushroom flavored soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 6 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Place the seaweed in water, enough to fully cover it, and allow to rehydrate.
- Once well softened, drain the seaweed and cut into 1-1/2” to 2” pieces.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the sesame oil, ½ tsp. of the sesame oil, 1 tbsp. of soy sauce, and the chopped beef. Cook for about a minute, until the meat is browned, stirring regularly.
- Now stir in the remaining soy sauce and the seaweed, and cook for 1 minute, again with regular stirring.
- Add in 2 cups of water, turn up the heat, and bring to a boil.
- Add in the garlic, stirring it in well, along with the remaining 4 cups of water. Again bring the soup to a boil, put a lid on the pan, and reduce the heat to just a vigorous simmer.
- Cook on simmer for 20 minutes, then do a taste test, adding either more soy sauce of salt, if you desire.
- Serve your Traditional Korean Style Seaweed Soup immediately, nice and hot.