When you are really good and hungry, with a full day’s heavy activity ahead of you, you just can’t beat a Full English Breakfast. Or even if it’s a lazy Sunday or a holiday, and you just want to indulge – either way, a Full English Breakfast is just the ticket. It is easy to prepare, and eating it is not just easy – it is fun, rich, and satisfying! Make sure to have plenty of tomato ketchup, Piccalilli, and English brown sauce on the table to go with it.
Full English Breakfast Recipe-
(per each serving)
- 1 or 2 jumbo bangers (English style pork sausages)
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 thick slices of rashers style bacon
- 1/2 cup black pudding
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 to 8 oz. canned baked beans
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices white or brown bread
- salt and pepper, to taste
- tomato ketchup, Piccalilli, and English brown sauce, as condiments
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet over a medium heat with a little cooking oil, brown the bangers on all sides and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish, and bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice a cross into the bottom of the tomato and place it, cross side up, in the baking dish with the sausages, then bake the tomato with the bangers for another 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, but leave the bangers and tomato in the oven.
- Using the same skillet you browned the bangers in, melt a tablespoon of butter and fry the rashers and the mushrooms over high heat for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened and the rashers have browned and are turning crispy. Place rashers and mushrooms in a bowl and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Place a serving plate in the oven to warm it. (if you are preparing a Full English Breakfast for more than one person, put however many plates needed in the oven to warm up)
- In a large skillet over a medium heat, add the beans on one side and the black pudding on the other. Stir now and then, but keep the two apart in the skillet.
- Lastly, fry the egg (do not break the yolk) to desired doneness, and toast the bread. Use the remainder of the butter to spread over the toast.
- To serve your Full English Breakfast, on a warm serving plate, bring together the bangers, rashers, beans, tomato, mushrooms, black pudding, and fried egg. Serve the toast on the side. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately, with ketchup, Piccalilli and English brown sauce on the table for condiments.