Jamaican Jerk Chicken is not only super tasty and wonderfully spicy, it is one of the most easy Jamaican recipes to prepare. The secret is all in the intense and delicious marinade. After marinating, you simply grille and baste, and before you know it, you are enjoying some authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe-
- 2-1/2 to 3 lb. Chicken legs, thighs, wings, and breast halves
- 1 green onion, trimmed and minced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp. minced Scotch Bonnet chili peppers
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. ginger flavored soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, Scotch Bonnet pepper, green onions, orange juice, ginger, garlic, cloves, allspice and cinnamon.
- Place the chicken pieces into the marinade, stir and toss well to coat, then cover the bowl. Place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Every so often, stir and turn the chicken pieces over.
- When you are ready to cook, prep your grille to medium-high heat.
- Boil the marinade for about 3 minutes, to reduce it and make it thicker.
- Grille the chicken, basting with the marinade by brushing in on quite often, until the meat is cooked through and taking on a rich, dark brown color and is forming a crusty marinade coating.
- Serve your Jamaican Jerk Chicken while still nice and hot, with rice and vegetable side dishes.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)