Pla-Muk Nueng Ma-Now (Steamed Squid with Spicy Lime Sauce) Recipe-
- 10 fresh squids (depending on size—about 1 pound, or 500 grams)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Thai Hot Chili Peppers
- 1/4 cup peeled and finely chopped garlic
- 4 green onions, chopped fine – use all the white parts and first half of the green stalks
- 1/4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Remove all inedible portions from the squid and wash them thoroughly.
- Fill a steamer halfway with water, and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water reaches a rolling boil, place the squid in the steaming basket and steam it for 4 or 5 minutes—no longer than five.
- While the squid is steaming, place the lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce in a mixing bowl, and stir well until the sugar has all dissolved.
- Now add into the mixing bowl the chopped hot chilis, garlic, and green onions, and stir well, blending all the ingredients together, making your hot and spicy seasoning sauce complete.
- Once the squid is cooked, remove it from the steamer, allow to cool just to where you can carefully chop them into bite-sized pieces, and arrange the pieces in an attractive pattern on a serving platter.
- Ladle the seasoning sauce over the squid and serve your Pla-Muk Nueng Ma-Now immediately.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)