Palauan Halo Halo is a delightful, refreshing dessert drink. A fruit flavored, milky, icy treat, halo halo is popular all over the Pacific Islands. You can use pretty much any fruits you like. This particular Palauan Halo Halo uses a predominance of mango.
Palauan Halo Halo Dessert Drink Recipe-
(makes 4 large drinks)
- 6 tbsp. halo-halo mixture (a must-have ingredient, for authenticity!)
- 2 tbsp. macapuno (special, Pacific Islands coconut, shredded and preserved)
- 2 tbsp. kaong (palm nut sugar)
- 2 tbsp. nata de coco (coconut gel)
- 2 cups mashed and pureed fresh mango
- crushed or shaved ice
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Place the halo-halo mixture, macapuno, kaong, and nata de coco in an electric blender and process until one smooth, homogeneous, milky mixture.
- In each of 4 tall glasses, pour in 1/4 of the milky mixture.
- Next, add in a layer (about 1″ to 1-1/2″ thick) of shredded ice, then pour 1/4 of the evaporated milk all over the ice.
- Now add a layer of 1/2 cup of the pureed mango, then top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Serve your Palauan Halo Halo drinks with a spoon for scooping and a straw for sipping.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)