Paleo Shitake Spinach Soufflé is a wonderful dish to serve for parties and special occasions. Rich and filling, one of the best vegetarian dishes ever dreamed up!
Paleo Shitake Spinach Soufflé Recipe-
- 5 oz. organic baby spinach – finely chopped
- 4 slices veggie bacon, rough chopped
- 4 to 6 large shitake mushrooms, rough chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated celery root
- 4 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 4 whole eggs plus 10 egg whites (Note: if you are using eggs, please get organic, from free range chickens eggs that are raised on soy-free diets—trust me, the flavor is well worth the price, and it is much healthier for you, too)
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ½ cup Thai coconut milk
- 6 whole pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 ripe but still firm avocado, peeled and sliced, for garnish
- 12 asparagus stalks, steamed tender, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop up the veggie bacon and sauté it in a saucepan over medium-high heat, until almost crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, chop your green onions and mushrooms, and grate the celery root.
- Once the bacon is near-crispy, add in the celery, mushrooms and green onions.
- Sauté on low heat now, while you chop the spinach and put place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add coconut milk, eggs, and lastly the sautéed ingredients into the bowl, a sprinkle in the celery salt.
- Stir and blend all ingredients together thoroughly, and then pour the mixture into a deep 9″ glass pie pan.
- In the coconut oil, lightly roast the chopped pecans, stirring and tossing to make sure they are well coated with the oil.
- Ladle the toasted chopped pecans on top of the soufflé, centered on the dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve your Paleo Shitake Spinach Soufflé garnished with sliced avocado and 2 or 3 stalks of steamed asparagus.