Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta is a classic American style appetizer, a perfect one for weddings, graduation ceremonies, and other special occasions. Tastes great with good quality brut champagne or sparkling apple cider.
Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta Recipe-
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup scallion infused olive oil (you could use regular olive oil, but the scallion-infused olive oil adds a marvelous complimentary flavor to this appetizer)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (coriander), chopped coarsely
- 2 ripe, but still firm avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 6 (or however many you want) 1″-1-1/2″ thick slices whole wheat baguette, toasted
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, oregano, and black pepper, mixing well.
- Very slowly, add the olive oil, whisking constantly, until well-emulsified.
- Stir in the cilantro.
- Very carefully, fold in the avocado cubes, tossing to thoroughly coat with the olive oil mixture.
- Spoon onto the toasted baguette slices and sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired. Serve your Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta immediately.