Coconut Pudding, Tuvaluan style, is a real tasty and fun treat. Have some served cold, on a hot, sunny day while at the beach.
Tuvaluan Coconut Pudding Recipe-
(makes two servings)
- 28 oz. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup corn starch
- ¼ tsp. salt
- coconuts (1 for each serving)
- In medium sized skillet, over medium-high heat, combine all the ingredients and cook, stirring continuously, until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Keep cooking, still stirring, for about 5 minutes – until the mixture comes to a boil and becomes thick and smooth and thick.
- Place the coconut pudding in a bowl, cover it, and allow it to cool to room temperature. When it is cooled, place the bowl in the refrigerator for about an hour, to get good and chilled.
- When you are ready to serve your pudding, chop the top off of as many coconuts as there are people you want to serve. Empty the milk (reserve the milk, for other recipes!), and spoon the coconut pudding into the cavities.
- Hand each person a pudding-filled coconut with a spoon, and enjoy!