Prosciutto Asparagus Cheese Frittata is an outstanding example of classic, traditional Italian cuisine. It tastes best with goat cheese, that’s what this recipe calls for. You can use other cheeses in Prosciutto Asparagus Cheese Frittata, but cheeses with strong flavor and a bit of tang are the best.
Prosciutto Asparagus Cheese Frittata Recipe-
- 2 tbsp. scallion infused olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cups of tender asparagus, chopped into 1″ long pieces
- 4 oz. prosciutto, sliced very thin and cut into 1″ to 1-1/2″ squares
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 10 large eggs (organic, from free range chickens, if you can get them – much better tasting and healthier for you!)
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- freshly ground course sea salt and black peppercorns, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with salt and pepper. Then stir in the chives and set aside.
- Put some olive oil in large oven-proof skillet (cast iron is the best) over medium heat.
- Put the garlic in the skillet and fry for 1 minute, just enough to make them fragrant.
- Next add in the onions, and fry for about 5 minutes, until they are translucent and fragrant.
- Next into the skillet goes the chopped asparagus. Fry for 6 or 7 minutes – they will be well cooked when they take on a brilliant green color and are softened through.
- Now toss the prosciutto in, stir the entire mixture together well for even distribution.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over the top.
- Lastly, pour the whisked egg mixture over everything.
- Place your skillet into the oven, and bake your frittata for about 15 minutes. Baking time will depend on the size and depth of your skillet. A wide, shallow skillet will take less time, maybe only 12 minutes, whereas a smaller, deeper skillet will need more time – possibly as long as 20 minutes. Just check on it, starting at about 12 minutes into the baking, and take your frittata out when the eggs are cooked through and not at all runny in the center.
- Once the frittata is well cooked, remove it from the oven, and allow to sit and cool a bit.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your Prosciutto Asparagus Cheese Frittata!
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)