Pandanus Tea, a favorite drink of the people of Nauru, not only tastes great – it is super good for you! Health benefits of pandanus leaves include:
- headache and arthritis relief
- reduces fevers
- relieves stomach cramps
- strengthens your gums
- restores strength to women still weak from giving child birth
- treats wounds, smallpox, and even leprosy!
- helps flush out the bowels …
- and much more …
So brew up some Nauruan Pandanus Tea, and enjoy sipping it with some freshly baked Nauruan Banana Pineapple bread. Marvelously tasty together and good for what ails you, too.
Pandanus Tea Recipe-
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried pandanus leaves
- 2-1/2″ length of fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced thin
- Sugar, to taste (optional)
- In a cooking pot, place all the ingredients (no sugar) and bring to a vigorous boil.
- As soon as the boil is achieved, reduce the heat so the brew is just simmering. Cover the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain the solids out with a sieve held over a bowl, then pour the clear tea into a serving teapot.
- Discard the solids, and serve your Pandanus tea while still hot, with sugar on the table for those who want it sweet.
- Pandanus tea also tastes good cold, so any that is not consumed right away can be kept chilled, in the refrigerator.