Pecan Oatmeal Pancakes make for a wonderful first meal of the day, and this pancake recipe is sure to make your day start out feeling pleased and satiated, in true American breakfast style tradition.
Pecan Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe-
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter, then pour into and stir together with the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fold the pecans into the combined mixture, to complete your batter.
- Now pour the batter, 1/4 cup full at a time, onto a lightly greased hot griddle, and cook until the top surface appears dry and bubbles are forming.
- Flip over, and cook until the second side is a rich, but not too dark, golden brown.
- Serve your Pecan Oatmeal Pancakes with pecan syrup or, for a truly unique to America ethnic breakfast experience, 100% pure Maple syrup. And as always, serve for drinks some fresh-brewed dark roast coffee, and perhaps some fresh squeezed orange juice as well.