(Photo Attributed to Author: Veganbaking.net from USA)
Senegalese Peanut Ice Cream Recipe-
- 1 cup all natural, low-to-no salt, creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. Baobab fruit powder (essential ingredient!)
- 1) 14 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated white cane sugar
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup whole milk
- Bring to boil enough water in a 2 quart saucepan to immerse the 14 oz. can of evaporated milk, and boil the can for 20 minutes
- Place the can in a 2 quart mixing bowl, submerged in cold water with ice, and chill the can completely for several hours, stirring with an egg beater.
- Your egg beater should by now be very cold. Open the can, empty the ice water out of the cold bowl, pour the chilled evaporated milk into the cold bowl, and whip it with your cold egg beater.
- Now add in 4 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice, Baobab powder, and ½ cup sugar.
- In another (3 quart) bowl, combine the condensed milk, whole milk, and the peanut butter.
- Gently fold the whipped mixture into the peanut butter mixture, until blended and smooth.
- Pour the combined mixture into a 6 cup mold or freezer trays and place in the freezer to thoroughly freeze.
- To serve your Senegalese Peanut Ice Cream, scoop out portions with an ice cream scoop.
- Senegalese Peanut Ice Cream goes great with some fresh fruit—bananas, mangoes, papayas and baobab are national favorites.