Among the more easy and popular American vegan recipes, is this Oven Baked French Fries, which goes great with the Spicy Black Bean Burger.
Oven Baked French Fries Recipe-
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” thick sticks
- 2 tbsp. Californian extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Optional: paprika and cayenne pepper (for spicier fries)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a large bowl, toss the potato sticks with ½ tsp. salt and 2 tbsp. olive oil. If you are making spicy fries, also add in and toss with the paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and spread the potatoes out in one single layer.
- Bake for about half an hour, maybe a little longer—you want the fries to be crispy on the outside and golden brown in color.
- Remove the fries with a spatula and season with more salt, to taste.
- Oven Baked French Fries are the perfect accompaniment to the Spicy Black Bean Burger.