West Coast Cod and Shrimp, cooked up with a savory blend of spices and ingredients … this is West Coast North American eating at its best!
West Coast Cod and Shrimp Recipe-
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ pound fresh (or fresh frozen) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced fresh white button mushrooms (or rehydrated dried mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground course sea salt and black peppercorns to taste
- 1 pound fresh cod fish fillets
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 1/2 tbsp. dried parsley)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 20 minutes, until water has been absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with the olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the heavy cream. In a small bowl, mix the milk and cornstarch, and stir into the saucepan to thicken the heavy cream mixture. Remove from heat, stir in the shrimp and mushrooms, and season with dill, seasoning salt, and pepper.
- Arrange cod in the prepared baking dish. Pour the heavy cream mixture over the cod. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until sauce is bubbly and fish is easily flaked with a fork. Serve your West Coast Cod and Shrimp over the rice.