My wife made me this Dandelion Salad Ghana style, when I was staying with her in her native country of Ghana. Delicious!
Dandelion Salad Ghana Style Recipe-
- 4 oz. fresh picked dandelion leaves, washed clean and torn apart
- ½ small red onion, rough chopped
- 1 small to medium tomato, rough chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, cored, de-seeded, and rough chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced, rough chopped, and lightly salted
- 1 small can (5 or 6 oz.) smoked Baltic sprats, left whole
- Mayonnaise for dressing
- 2 oz. cooked spaghetti (optional)
- If you are going to use spaghetti, cook that well ahead of when you want to assemble the salad, and let it cool
- Mix all the chopped vegetable ingredients together in a mixing bowl and toss well.
- If using spaghetti, put the pasta in the bottom of your serving bowls, and then place the mixed salad on top, followed by a sprinkling of the chopped boiled eggs.
- Arrange the sardines over the top of the salad.
- Drizzle some mayonnaise (or dressing of your choice, my Ghanaian wife often uses Ranch or Thousand Island) over the salads, and serve.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)