Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Dates are a tantalizing delightful play of tangy and sweet together. Good for before or after dinner, with some freshly brewed, dark roast coffee. You can use any good quality cheese of your liking, but the absolute best choice of cheese, to create the strongest “tangy-sweet” taste experience, is bleu cheese, and second best (still great, though!) choice is goat cheese.
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Dates Recipe-
- 1 pound Hickory Smoked, thick sliced bacon, slices crosscut in half
- 1 pound dates, pitted (I prefer the organic, Made in Nature brand)
- 4 ounces Treasure Cave Crumbled Blue Cheese (you really want this particular brand, trust me!), or some good quality goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Soak toothpicks in water for 15 minutes.
- Slice dates in half lengthwise and open them. Fill each date with blue cheese (or goat cheese).
- Close the halves of the dates and wrap a half-slice of bacon around the outside. Secure each one with a toothpick stabbed all the way through until the wrapped date is centered on the pick.
- Arrange on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the dates over and bake for an additional 15−20 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Serve your Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Dates while still nice and hot.