Hawaiian Coconut Milk Corned Beef and Cabbage is a favorite dish all over the Islands. It has also gained popularity internationally, and can be found in many Hawaiian cuisine themed restaurant chains. There are quite a few variations on it, but this Hawaiian Coconut Milk Corned Beef and Cabbage is fundamentally traditional – and super delicious!
Hawaiian Coconut Milk Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe-
- Place the beef brisket in the bottom of a Dutch oven, fat-side up.
- Stir in the water, fish sauce, red curry paste, coriander, coconut milk, tomato paste and bay leaves. Bring the pot to a vigorous, rolling boil; skim off any foam that accumulates.
- Now add and stir in the carrots, celery, and onion. Bring the mixture back up to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, achieving just a lively simmer. Cover the Dutch oven, and cook for 3 hours – turn the brisket over about 2 hours into the cooking time.
- After 3 hours, add and stir in the cabbage and potatoes and cabbage; continue cooking for about another half an hour, or until the cabbage is soft and sweet and the potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Transfer the beef onto a serving platter; slice off thin pieces, cutting perpendicular to the grain.
- To serve your Hawaiian Coconut Milk Corned Beef and Cabbage, place several slices of beef int each serving bowl, and then ladle a generous helping of the potato cabbage mixture into bowls and top with a few more slices of the beef.
Note: For more delicious Hawaiian recipes, click here.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)