A traditional Irish full breakfast can only be described one way: HEARTY! Prepare this meal when you are very hungry on a morning with lots of work ahead of you to do!
Irish Full Breakfast Recipe-
- 8 slices Rashers (Irish Bacon)
- 4 sausages (Irish Donnelly, or Bangers), or 2 of each)
- 8 oz. each of Irish black pudding and Irish white Pudding
- 4 fried or scrambled Eggs
- 2 tomatoes, thick sliced
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms (or any seasonal mushrooms you can get fresh locally)
- 4 thick slices potato bread or soda bread, or 2 slices of each
- 1 can Irish bachelors beans
- Freshly grated Irish Dubliner cheddar cheese (optional)
- Irish butter
- ground white pepper, and salt, to taste
- an assortment of jams and marmalades, as condiments
- In a large saucepan, melt a knob of Irish butter over medium high heat, and then fry the bacon and sausages until well done. Remove them from the pan and keep warm in the oven set to lowest temperature.
- In the same pan, fry the black and white pudding and the eggs.
- In another pan, again melt some Irish butter over medium heat, and fry the bread slices along with the sliced tomatoes and mushrooms.
- In a small cooking pot, heat the canned beans until well warmed.
- To serve, give each person 4 slices of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 eggs (or half of the scrambled eggs), half of each of the puddings, half of the fried sliced tomatoes and mushrooms, arranged nicely on very large serving plates.
- Have on the table salt and white pepper, for personal taste seasoning, also some freshly grated Dubliner cheese (optional, but very tasty, many like the added flavor it gives over the eggs), and an assortment of jams and marmalades, and Irish butter.
- A traditional Irish full breakfast will typically be served with a pot of tea and, if seasonally available, fresh squeezed orange juice.