Queso Relleno de Alcaparrones (cheese stuffed caperberries): This one is a snap to prepare, and the flavor is outstanding, compared to the small effort it takes to prepare.
Queso Relleno de Alcaparrones Recipe-
- 1 jar whole caperberries with stems on
- Spanish Mahón cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Premium quality, aged Spanish sherry vinegar
- Using a very sharp, thin blade knife, carefully slit open each caperberry, starting at the base of the stem, and opening around the circumference until the caperberry can be spread wide open. Be sure to leave the stem intact—this will be the tapa treat’s handle.
- Using a very small spoon, carefully remove all the ribs and seeds.
- Make tiny balls of the Mahón cheese, formed just the right size to fill the berry’s cavity, insert, then fold the two sided up gently until the caperberry flesh is fit and held in place by the cheese.
- Sprinkle each caperberry with a little vinegar, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve your Queso Relleno de Alcaparrones with a big smile on your face.