Abendbrot mit Rettich (German Bread Dinner with Cheese and Radishes) makes for a wonderful mid-day lunch or snack. Abendbrot mit Rettich is an immensely popular German dish, nationwide.
Abendbrot mit Rettich Recipe-
Ingredients: (serves 2 to 4)
- 8 slices artisan bread of your choice
- drizzle of your best EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 8 ounces soft ripened goat cheese or burratina, sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly milled pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 bunch of large radishes, washed and sliced thinly
- Drizzle a bit of EVOO on the sliced bread and toast until golden brown.
- Add the thinly sliced cheese rounds on top of the hot toast.
- Add the fresh parsley on top of the cheese.
- To serve your Abendbrot mit Rettich, sprinkle the pink salt and pepper on top of the radish slices. Layer the slices into a neat pile and place on a serving platter, or splay out several slices in a nice pattern beside the bread on the individual serving plates.