The Fruit Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a “kicked up” version of the age-old American favorite simple grilled cheese sandwich. It will knock your socks off with the delightful play on sweet and sour flavors, with a texture that is ever so pleasing on the palate.
Fruit Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe-
(Makes 2 sandwiches)
- 8 strips thick sliced smoked bacon (for vegetarians you can substitute veggie bacon and get great results, and turkey bacon also will work good for people who don’t like pork)
- Applewood smoked sea salt
- 4 slices of hearty, American style sandwich bread—a good 7 (or multi) grain bread is best
- 3-4 tsp. raspberry jam
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 4 thick slices of mozzarella or Monterrey Jack cheese (or 2 slices of each)
- 2 tbsp. garlic herb butter
- Put a medium sized saucepan on the burner and bring the heat up to medium high.
- Place bacon in the pan and heat thoroughly, cook until well done but not crispy or crumbly; sprinkle on some smoked sea salt while sautéing. Set aside.
- Butter one side each of 2 slices of bread, spread 1/4 of the jam on the other side, and then place in the pan—butter side down, of course.
- While sautéing the bread, carefully layer each slice in the pan with the cheese (2 slices cheese per sandwich), bacon, and sliced pears.
- Reduce the heat to low, and put a lid on the pan, continue to sauté until the cheese is nicely softened and melted. Check often – you want to make sure the bread does not burn, nor do you want the cheese to melt so gooey that your bread gets soggy.
- As soon as the cheese is melted to just nice and soft, spread the other two slices of bread with butter on one side and jam on the other, and place them (jam side down) atop the two loaded slices in the pan. Flip the sandwiches over so they can brown on the other side.
- Once nicely browned on both sides, cut the burner off, remove sandwiches from the pan and allow to cool for couple minutes. Serve your Fruit Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich while still good and warm.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)