If you are feeling creative and artsy some morning, try this gourmet, Poached Eggs Cheesy Asparagus, American style breakfast. It’s quite easy to prepare, really, and a marvelous taste and texture experience.
Poached Eggs Cheesy Asparagus Recipe-
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 bunches asparagus spears, trimmed (about 40)
- 1 tablespoon scallion infused olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic herbed butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 4 tablespoons coarsely grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided (Don’t scrimp on this ingredient. Get a good quality cheese, aged, like Parmigiano Reggiano Stravecchio.
- some sliced deli ham, for accompaniment
- Break the eggs into 8 individual containers (such as teacups, prep bowls, or paper cups). Fill a large, low-sided pan with water, and add vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a separate pot of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus spears, and cook 3–4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus with tongs, and set aside.
- Dry the medium saucepan. Add olive oil, and heat over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté about 1 minute. Turn off heat; add butter, and swirl pan. Add lemon juice, parsley, remaining salt, and pepper; swirl pan again to combine. Add asparagus and 2 tablespoons Parmesan; then toss with lemon-butter sauce to coat.
- Slowly pour each egg into the boiling poaching water; cook 2 minutes. Turn off heat, and remove pan from burner. Divide asparagus among 4 plates. (Bring plates close to pan with poached eggs, and place a folded clean kitchen towel next to plates.)*
- Remove the eggs from water with a slotted spoon, 1 at a time, blotting bottom of spoon on towel to absorb excess moisture. Place 2 eggs on each mound of asparagus. Pour any remaining sauce over each serving, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Serve your Poached Eggs Cheesy Asparagus breakfast immediately. Goes great with some thin sliced deli ham and toast on the side.