Apio Palta is a cold Chilean salad of crunchy-crisp celery and creamy avocados. A simple dressing of fresh lemon juice and olive oil is all that Apio Palta requires. It goes well with almost any entree, and is a fine light lunch all by itself, delightful in taste and texture.
Apio Palta Recipe-
- 2 medium Haas avocados
- 5 stalks fresh celery
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- fresh squeezed juice from 2 lemons
- scallion infused olive oil, for dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel the avocados and cut the flesh into small pieces, then place in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice over the avocado, and stir carefully, to not break up avocado pieces.
- Wash and pat dry the celery stalks; trim off the leaves and tough stalk bottoms; slice into 1/2″ pieces.
Combine the celery with the avocados, mixing together gently. Drizzle with olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix gently once more, and serve your Apio Palta.