Spicy Glazed Baked Chicken, Zimbabwe style, is a real taste treat. The combination of spices and fruity glazing make a baked chicken meal unlike no other – and super delicious!
Zimbabwean Spicy Glazed Baked Chicken Recipe-
- 12 chicken drumsticks (you can also use thighs, or wings, your choice)
- 2 tsp. hot curry powder
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup smooth apricot jam
- 1 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 1 packet brown onion/mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups fresh water
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large baking dish.
- In a suitably sized mixing bowl, combine all of the other remaining ingredients; stir and mix well, to incorporate thouroughly.
- Pour the glazing sauce over the chicken, and place the baking dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake for aboout 75 to 90 minuties. About 45 minutes into the baking time, use tongs to turn the chicken pieces over, and a large kitchen spoon or basting brush to swab the glazing mixture over the top of the overturned chicken pieces.
- When the glazing mixture has reduced to a thick sauce, and the chicken pieces are cooked through and caramelized, you are done.
- Serve your Zimbabwean Spicy Glazed Baked Chicken right away, while nice and hot, with a vegetable dish and some Sadza on the side.
Note: For more delicious recipes from Zimbabwe, click here.
Contact us and/or Join Our Mailing List
(We respect your privacy. Subscribers’ info are not shared with anyone. EVER)