Grenadian Jerk Chicken Wings are very tasty, and very hot & spicy!
Grenadian Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe-
- 3 lb. chicken wings, skins on (you can really use any chicken parts, but always leave skins on)
For the Marinade-
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. crumbled dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup minced Scotch Bonnet hot chili pepper, (or to taste – these peppers are hot!)
- 6 drops of Trinidad Moruga Scorpian hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
For the Marinade:
- Place all the marinade ingredients in an electric blender or food processor and blend until one congruous, smooth mixture.
- Place the wings n a large shallow baking dish or mixing bowl, pour the marinade over them and, using rubber gloves (the marinade is hot, it can irritate your skin), toss the wings and rub the mixture into them well.
- Cover the dish or bowl, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours. Overnight is even better. Every so often, re-toss and rub the wings more.
- Decide if you want to cook your Grenadian Jerk Chicken wings in the oven or on the grille. If in the oven, preheat it to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and bake them for 45 minutes to an hour. When they are fork tender and looking slightly charred, they are done.
- If grilling, get your coals white hot, and grill them 40 to 45 minutes, turning often, until fork tender and looking slightly charred.