This Sweet and Sour Chicken Appetizer is a simple, easy to make snack, which delivers way more flavor and enjoyment than the amount of effort needed to prepare it.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Appetizer Recipe-
- Chicken drumsticks or wings, or a combination, skins on
- 8 oz. bottle Catalina salad dressing
- 1 pkg. of dry onion soup mix
- 10-12 oz. jar fruit preserves (I like apricot or peach, but use one of your favorites, almost any fruit preserve will taste good with this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the chicken) together.
- Heat the mixture over medium high heat in a saucepan, while stirring and blending the mixture well.
- Now place your chicken pieces in a large mixing bowl and pour the seasoning mixture over the chicken. Stir and toss well to ensure even coating. Pull the chicken pieces out, shake off any excess sauce, and place on a baking tray. Reserve the extra sauce, and keep it warm on the stovetop.
- Bake the seasoned chicken at 350 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Serve your Sweet and Sour Chicken Appetizer fresh out of the oven while still nice and hot, drizzled with the remaining sauce.