Got a special occasion coming up, where some good friends, business associates, or friends will be coming over for breakfast? This Purslane Omelet Bake dish is just perfect for the occasion.
Purslane Omelet Bake Recipe-
- Scallion infused olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 large leek (substitute white onion if you can’t get real leek)
- dried basil leaves
- cherry sausage
- 1 cup fresh red radishes
- 1 large bunch fresh purslane (also called pigweed or hogweed)
- 1 bunch fresh radish buds with blossoms
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- freshly ground course sea salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns
Note: if you need a good quality pepper mill to grind your sea salt and peppercorns, we have the best on available anywhere, just Click Here.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a two to three quart rectangular glass baking dish with waxed paper and lightly cover the wax paper with one teaspoon scallion infused olive oil.
- Mix eight egg whites in a large glass mixing bowl with one tablespoon scallion infused olive oil, one quarter teaspoon sea salt and one quarter teaspoon pepper. Thinly slice one tablespoon leek whites and add to the mixing bowl. Mince one tablespoon lemon basil and add to the mixing bowl. Stir egg mixture and pour into lined glass baking dish and bake for twenty minutes.
- In a medium metal sauté pan over medium heat, cook one half pound cherry pecan sausage links for two minutes covered. Gently turn sausage over and cook for an additional two minutes covered. Remove sausages from heat, leave covered and let rest two minutes. Chop sausage and reserve.
- Chop one half cup radishes. Remove one half cup purslane leaves from stems. Remove one quarter cup radish buds from stems. Remove one tablespoon radish bud blossoms from stems. Chop one half cup goat cheese.
- Gently remove egg whites from wax paper. Top egg whites with sausage, radishes, purslane, radish buds and half of goat cheese goat cheese. Slowly roll the egg whites over the filling away from your body (like you would a sushi roll). Gently lift egg white omelet roll back into the glass baking dish.
- Top with remaining goat cheese and bake an addition five minutes until the cheese melts.
- Just before serving your Purslane Omelet Bake, sprinkle each serving with a few leek rings, some radish bud flowers, and a small purslane sprig.