Maldivian Mince Wraps will remind many people of the Mexican rolled tortillas or enchiladas. But these tasty delights are distinctively unique and packed with the flavor of Maldivian cuisine.
Maldivian Mince Wraps Recipe-
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. scallion infused olive oil
- 18 oz. (500g) lean ground beef
- 6 tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp. Sambal Oelek hot chili pepper sauce
- 9 oz. (250g) canned sweet corn kernels
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 7 oz. (200g) cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. ghee butter
- green lettuce and purple cabbage leaves, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 C).
- Open your canned sweet corn and drain the liquids off.
- Wash the bell pepper, core and seed it, and slice into thin strips.
- Peel and fine chop the onion and garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the ground beef, pepper, onion and garlic, in the oil for about 5 minutes, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Next add in the barbecue and chili sauces and season with cumin. Stir everything together well, and sauté for just a few more minutes, until everything is well done and incorporated together.
- Lay the tortillas out on a flat work surface and place a mounded row of filling on them. Fold all the ends of the tortillas into the middle so that little parcels result. Place all 12 tortillas on a lightly buttered (use ghee butter) baking sheet or pan with the folded seams down. Bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve Maldivian Mince Wraps while nice and hot, with fresh made guacamole for garnish.